Monday, May 25, 2009

Where's Elijah? There he is!

Elijah is 8 and 1/2 months old and it has been by far one of the most entertaining and enjoyable months! If you talk to me often enough I'm sure you notice that at every stage of his development I have said, "Oh, I love this stage! I don't want him to grow any more!" But, it just keeps getting better! I cannot believe how much I love this child!

So the last month has been especially fun because he has done many new things. He has been sitting up independently for quite some time now, but now he goes from sitting upright to a crawling position. He hasn't actually crawled, but he bounces forward and backward and eventually either falls on his belly, does a face plant or occasionally his hands get spread so far apart that he just starts fussing because his nose is inches from the ground and he can't hold himself up much longer with his hands so far apart. He is rolling a ton now and he pulls himself up.

Aaron and I both think he seems to be really strong, but he has insanely strong legs because he is an avid jumper! Jump is one of his favorite words. When he hears it he starts jumping and giggling because he thinks he's going to get to play in his jumperoo. The absolute highlight of the week was when he was sitting on the floor with the beautiful quilt my aunt made for him and he started playing peek-a-boo unassisted! I often play peek-a-boo with Elijah using his bibs when I am getting him ready to eat, but it was so fun to see him doing it. He would pull the blanket over his face and then when he pulled it down he would crack up! I was amazed and even stunned momentarily. It took me a minute to get the camera to record it, but here it is for your enjoyment!


1 comment:

  1. I loved this! Thanks Dana.... you are encouraging me not to forget about my own blog aspirations.

    ReplyDelete