Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day


We went to a Bar-b-Que at Mike and Karen Tausher's house today. I cared for the two boys they adopted two years ago until the youngest started pre-school so I know their family well and love them. This first picture is Elijah with their oldest son, Franklin. Franklin and Levi both enjoy little ones so it is fun to watch them rush to play with him. Their parents, Mike and Karen, have really helped Aaron and me through some rough times and are people we go to for help when we need it. We had other friends from various aspects of our life join us also, which made it even more fun, if that is possible! So, we also celebrated Memorial Day with a couple from our apartment complex, Michael and Itzi; a family I nanny for currently, Ian, Lisa and Aidan; and a friend I met through the Tausher kids, Linda and her son, Russel. It was great to get to spend the day with people we love. Elijah enjoyed all the attention he got and must really be convinced that he is the center of the universe. The funniest part of the day was when all eyes were on me telling a story when Elijah leaned over to his daddy because Aaron was going to hold him. As soon as he leaned over Aaron, he spit up on Aaron, which is quite unusual these days. Everybody cracked up and we proceeded to tell more stories about similar "situations," as I call them! The Elijah highlight of the day though was when he waved at Ian, Lisa and Aidan when they were leaving. That was the first time I've seen him do that!

No comments:

Post a Comment