Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Camping with the Taushers at Belfair State Park

We were able to get away again for another camping trip this past weekend and it was great! We went Thursday night and camped alone and the Taushers (Mike, Karen, Franklin and Levi) joined us Friday night. It was much quieter than the last camping trip. Since we went on a week night, there were very few people, other than the RV campers. They just love to visit and chat, especially when you have a cute baby for them to gush all over! We literally got about 10 visits. Most of the time they were bringing us stuff, like fire wood, tarps, flowers and even a gift for Elijah!


Here Aaron is setting up our tent! And, check
out our cool blanket! We just got it for day
trips and camping after seeing a friend with
one. It is waterpfroof and really made a huge
difference for Elijah to have a place to play
and crawl around.



Elijah and I really enjoyed the strong man contest!



Elijah was fascinated with the mattress pump.



My handsome men!



"Well, if I can't eat the mattress pump,
maybe today is the day they'll let
me get a taste of that thing they flash
at me all the time!"




"Finally, Mommy will let me have something!"
This is our tent and it very easily fit Elijah's
pack-n-play, our mattress and our bags! Yippee!



Elijah and Mommy after a very long day working to get here!



This is one of the RV campers who makes dolls
so she brought several of them over on a few
different occasions. Elijah got quite a kick out of
them based on his excited breathing! She
also brought Elijah a sweet night light toy.




Our first morning! Elijah slept pretty well.
We came equipped with a radio to play
static to help him sleep and we needed
it Friday when the sites next to us filled
up with a huge group.




Right behind us is a hiking trail and
not to far behind that is a stream
that we hiked down to the Hood Canal.



One of the things I love about
Washington is its big, beautiful trees!



"Ohhh, here is my chance..the flashing thing is within reach!"



Time to investigate the campground!



This is the creek we played in quite a bit! It was super cold!







He couldn't resist!


I suppose this grass is flattened by water
at high tide, but I am not sure. I am carrying
my shoes because the silt snatched my flip flop
and broke it. I thought I was going to be stuck too.



Hood Canal



Playing in the cold creek.



Elijah was pretty determined to sit down and play
with the pebbles and rocks. I am not sure it was
quite what he bargained for though! Thankfully, it
was a hot day.


The Hood Canal



Tuckered out after refusing his morning nap!



Daddy can fix it!



Dinner wasn't too bad if I do say so myself!



As soon as the Taushers arrived, Franklin went
straight for Elijah! He's a baby lover! Here is my
sweet, sweet friend Karen!



Elijah and I watched people searching for clams
and learned all about it! I wish I would have
gotten a picture to show you. Franklin loved
helping them find clams and Levi used all his
time to hunt for oyster shells that he had to
leave there in the end. He was pretty bummed,
but we had a throwing contest with them instead!




Levi, Karen, and Franklin being silly! We left
the husbands to clean up after breakfast...what
great guys! I think it was the kid-free post
cleaning naps that motivated them though!



Just a pretty shot and a quiet finish
to our walk back to our campsite.



Elijah's sporting his Longhorn Rookie 1/2
shirt proudly! He pulls up on anything
he can find now.


Adios until the next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment